2019 INSA Achievement Awards - February 21, 2019
Registration is now open for the ninth annual INSA Achievement Awards Ceremony, taking place February 21, from 6:00-9:00 pm at the United States Institute of Peace. This festive evening brings the intelligence and national security communities together to celebrate outstanding early and mid-career professionals from government, military, academia, homeland security, and industry, as well as the senior leaders who inspire their success.
2019 Achievement Award Recipients
- Capt Nicholas R. D’Andrea, USAF, Division Chief, Special Programs, National Reconnaissance Office (William O. Studeman Military Award)
- Philip Haddad, Targeting Analyst, Department of Homeland Security (John W. Warner Homeland Security Award)
- Saeben Haverington, Intelligence Analyst, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (John W. Warner Homeland Security Award)
- Lori Anne Parker, Senior Intelligence Officer, Department of Homeland Security (Joan A. Dempsey Mentorship Award)
- Dakota S. Rudesill, Assistant Professor, Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University (Sidney D. Drell Academic Award)
- J. Travis Thompson, Intelligence Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency (Richard J. Kerr Government Award)
- Adam Van Etten, PhD, Technical Director, In-Q-Tel CosmiQ Works (Edwin H. Land Industry Award)
Learn more about the recipients.
| In addition to hearing from each award recipient, this year's event includes keynote remarks by Lieutenant General Robert P. Ashley, Jr., director, U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency. A career Army military intelligence officer, LTG Ashley will discuss the value of public service and the pressing need for innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our national security in a time of global challenges. In addition, he will share pivotal moments from his career journey and leadership lessons learned along the way.|
United States Institute of Peace
2301 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington DC 20037
6:00–7:00 PM: Registration and welcome reception (heavy hors d'oeurves)
7:00–8:30 PM: Awards ceremony
8:30 PM: Dessert reception
Business or service dress/class A (Military).