Join us at the Army Navy Country Club on Thursday, July 14, for The New IC: Empowering Women and Engaging Men, a full day event focused on the professional challenges and opportunities facing women in the national security and intelligence community. The powerful program lineup includes keynotes by The Hon. Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence, ODNI, and Tonya Wilkerson, Deputy Director, NGA, as well as a dynamic blend of discussion formats and networking opportunities.
8:00-9:15 am - Registration and Networking Breakfast
9:15-10:00 am - Welcome Remarks and Opening Keynote with Gina Bennett, Georgetown Adjunct Professor, author and former CIA analyst
10:00-10:45 am - Nontraditional Ways the IC Leverages Diverse Talent Pools - Panel Discussion
Driven by competition for top talent, the IC has launched outside-the-box approaches to attract and onboard a workforce that is representative of the nation and brings a diverse set of skills, experiences, and perspectives to public service. Panelists will discuss their organizations’ talent needs, how they adjusted outreach efforts to achieve their goals, and how their organizations measure success.
- Xiomara Calderón-Colón, Ph.D, Senior Research Materials Scientist, Johns Hopkins APL
- Peter Kant, CEO, Enabled Intelligence
- Kiersten E. Todt, Chief of Staff, CISA
- Christian Vogler, Ph.D, Professor, Gallaudet University
- Nicole Gibson, Partner, National Security Sector, Guidehouse (moderator)
10:45-11:00 am - Morning Break
11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Ignite Rounds
- The Hon. Sue Gordon, Board Member/Founder, Gordon Ventures
- Col. Candice Frost, Commander, Joint Intelligence Operations Center, USCYBERCOM
- "Being Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable"
- Patrick Biltgen, Space AI Director, Booz Allen Hamilton
- "The Worst Idea I've Ever Had"
- Janet Rathod, Global Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence, Citigroup, Inc.
- La'Naia Jones, Chief Information Officer, CIA
12:00-1:15 pm - Lunch and Afternoon Keynote: The Honorable Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence, ODNI
1:15-2:15 pm - “Get a Life: Work-Life Blend in a SCIF” Panel Discussion
- Ellen M. Ardrey, Chief of Staff, DCSA
- Zachery Tyson Brown, Intelligence Researcher
- Maria Demaree, Vice President and General Manager, Special Programs, Lockheed Martin
- Janaki Kates, National Security Consultant
- The Hon. Ellen McCarthy, President, Truth in Media Cooperative (Moderator)
2:15-2:30 pm - Afternoon Break
2:30-3:30 pm - Putting the Day Into Action: Collaborative Break-Out session led by Elise Yanker, CEO and Owner, Collaborative Consulting and Mel Kepler, Coach, Consultant, and Facilitator, LMI
This session is your opportunity to synthesize the day. After a day of powerful speakers, panels, and learning, you will:
- Solidify your key insights and the topics that struck you
- Develop a plan for putting these insights into action. A graphic template will guide you through the process
- Practice peer coaching and be an accountability partner. Ensure follow through by committing to your plan and checking in with your partner in a month
- Make a difference individually, to your team or organization and to the broader society
3:30-4:30 pm - Closing Keynote: Tonya Wilkerson, Deputy Director, NGA
4:30-5:30 pm - Networking Reception
Army Navy Country Club
1700 Army Navy Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
This event is open to press.
Health & Safety Policy
- All attendees must provide proof of vaccination at event registration, either hard copy or electronic documentation.
- We ask that you not attend INSA in-person events if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others; within 48 hours of the program.